If you are on my notification list, I will contact you when the litters are 2-3 weeks old (once colours start showing). I will let you know the details of the kittens that are available according to your specifications via email. Please note that I do not allow visits to the rattery as Jackalhead is a closed rattery and you will be required to choose your kits from their photographs instead.
Once you have chosen your kits, a 50% non-refundable deposit will secure them in your name (this may be eft'd). Kits will not be reserved without a deposit.
Failure to collect the rat(s) you have reserved within a reasonable time period will result in the reservation being terminated.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- My rats are sold in same sex pairs unless they are going to be living with other kittens of similar age or the person adopting the rat is experienced in introductions and rat care.
- My rats are sold on an understanding that they will not be bred.
- Should a litter result from either accidental or intentional actions on the part of persons who have purchased kittens from me without a breeding contract, I reserve the right to reclaim possession of the rat in question (if male), the mother and all kittens immediately. Should the mother have not been purchased from me she will be returned once the kittens have reached weaning age.
- Kit will go to their new homes at 6 weeks of age, but this remains at my discretion. Kits that are due to be shipped elsewhere in the country, may only be flown after reaching the age of 8 weeks.
- All rats are sold subject to the signing of an Adoption Contract.
- A birth certificate is available on request. All kittens are named by me for recording purposes. Please let me know before collection if you require a copy of your kit's certificate so that I can arrange same. You may, of course, give the kitten a 'pet name'.
- Reservations are subject to my approval and I reserve the right to refuse or cancel reservations at any time.
- If you request a single rat, you will be asked to provide proof that you own another rat of the same gender. Usually, this means you'll need to bring your other rat with when collecting your kit. If you own a sterilised rat of the opposite gender of your requested kit, you will asked to provide a signed vet certificate stating that the rat has been sterilised.
- Harley rats will only be sold to owners who have previously owned or currently own 1 or more SARBU-bred rats for a minimum of 1 year.
- If you are under 18 years, you will require a parent or guardian to sign the Adoption Contract when collecting your rats.
- You need to have a cage set up and bedding and food available before collecting your kit(s).
- If at any time you are unable to or no longer wish to keep the rat/s you have adopted from me, they must be returned to me. Rats purchased from me may not be resold or rehomed. Please contact me and I will, without question, organise to get them back from you.
- It is often impossible to predict how long it may take for you to get your kits. Most applicants will wait 3-6 months for their kits, as I breed for what I need in my rattery first and foremost, and not to fill my waiting list. Various factors such as breeding success, litter size, gender ratio, colour availability and how many people are ahead of you on the waiting list may dictate how long you wait. Occasionally, there'll be kits available almost immediately, but more often than not, you may need to wait a few months before you get kits. Note that I do not supply kits by deadlines such as Christmas or birthdays.
This is a form to help put you on the waiting list for rat kits. All info given in this form is private and will be sent directly to me.
Filling in this form does not automatically qualify you for the waiting list.
All fields marked with an asterisk(*) are required to be filled in. Please be as concise as possible with your answers. Please be patient in waiting for a reply; I only get to my application replies 1-2 times a month.
Please note that this form may not work if being sent from a tablet or smartphone. I highly recommend using a computer when filling out the adoption application.